Patient Information Booklet
You have reached the federally- required section of our website that contains the charges for the services we provide within our facility. While we provide this information to comply with federal regulations, healthcare billing is complex. It is extremely important for you, as the consumer, to understand that standard charges may not be a relevant starting point for estimating what costs you may incur during an episode of care, and the amount actually paid by a patient will depend on that patient's insurance coverage, policy provisions and other factors. Everyone's case is different based on that patient's medical condition.
IF YOU HAVE COMMERCIAL INSURANCE
- Contact your insurance company to understand all of the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Numerous factors, such as type of plan, co-pay, co-insurance, deductible, out-of-pocket maximums, provider network and other limitations, will affect your financial responsibility to a hospital.
- The prices reflected on this site do not include charges for the physician or other professional fees, such as pharmacy, diagnostic imaging or lab work.
- The prices reflected on this site do not include any negotiated discounts between your insurance company and the hospital.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICARE
- Medicare has many different parts, and not everyone has the same type of Medicare coverage. Medicare will pay for many of your healthcare expenses but not all of them.
- Special rules apply if you have employer group health insurance through your job or a spouse's job.
- If you have a supplemental health insurance policy, it may cover some costs that Medicare does not cover.
- The best way to be sure of what your Medicare plan covers is to call 1-800-MEDICARE, or visit the website at www.mymedicare.gov.
IF YOU HAVE MEDICAID
- Contact your local Medicaid office at 1-888-544-7996, or visit the Louisiana Department of Health to determine all the factors affecting your financial responsibility.
- Generally, Medicaid recipients are not responsible for any portion of the bill.
IF YOU ARE UNINSURED
- Please contact our Patient Assistance Program at 318-878-5171, and ask about our payment policies.
- As required by the Affordable Care Act (ACA), hospitals have a written financial assistance policy that includes eligibility criteria, the basis for calculating charges and the method for applying for financial assistance.
- Contact out Patient Assistance Program at 318-878-5171 to determine if you meet the criteria for financial assistance.